Besides the in-store purchases at Urban Outfitters on Sunday, I did some online shopping this weekend. From the looks of it (especially the color palette), I must have really had spring on my mind. The following is on its way to me:
– LOVE YAYA top – This is the perfect throw on with my light blue skinny BDG jeans or True Religion cutoffs, with my hair thrown up in a high messy bun. The fitted, cropped sheer-ish/strategically perfect thin material sold me on it- along with the fact that it’s by LOVE YAYA- a brand that fits me literally like my old Don Mattingly glove.
– Thayer tank – I’m a big fan of anything leopard print (as long as it’s tasteful), and this spaghetti strap tank hit the spot- literally and visually. This is another throw on with my little H&M black satin shorts and heels for day or night time. (I’m glad that I got this when I did as it’s now marked down further, but my size is now sold out. I’d rather pay more to get it in my actual size. And now the site has a different model up than the one above.)
– Melissa Joy Manning initial earrings – These 14K gold earrings are made of recycled metal and are sold separately so that you can mix and match initials. I opted to get the lowercase script earrings as they are $65 per letter while the uppercase ones are $100 per letter. The “M” and “F” represent my parents’ initials so they’ll always be in my ears, even all the way from Jersey.
– The only reason for my Sephora.com order was to get my usual Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Stay Golden. I ordered some additional items to go way past the $50 that I needed for free shipping.
– I looked through Make Up For Ever’s lipsticks since I really like the brand’s Blue Red color- it’s a shade of red that actually compliments my skin tone. And I can wear it during the day without feeling like it’s too dressy of a color. Plus, the bonus is that it goes on extremely smoothly to the point that I feel like I don’t have lipstick on. (I’ll post pictures of the shade on.) I then found the Sand color, a cream-light neutral beige, that looks like it would give me enough color to stand out even as a neutral shade (shown above). I already have the Vincent Longo Pure Demure lipstick that I stick to for daily wear (reviewed by me on Total Beauty), and thought I can switch it up since the Pure Demure has some very light pink tinge to the neutral color, while Sand would look good when I want to go with a more bronze look.
– I then looked at the Make Up For Ever eyeshadows and thought the Dusty Pink, a matte warm pink, would compliment my Pure Demure lipstick and Nars blush in Orgasm, a peachy pink with shimmer. I normally don’t ever wear pink eyeshadow, but since it’s spring, I thought I’d try to be a little more pretty in pink. I also got the Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in Beige, a matte camel shade, to compliment the Sand lipstick, for a more natural look.
– Then I went over to check out Urban Decay’s eyeshadows and really like the Hot Pants eyeshadow, a medium pink shimmer- shown above. It’s slightly darker than the Dusty Pink so I wanted to see which one I like best/keep both if the shades are drastically different. I also got Shattered, a bright iridescent aquamarine, that I could blend with the Beige eyeshadow to create just the right pop of color.