American Apparel romper, Steve Madden boots, Planet Blue necklace, Besso handbag
I have numerous American Apparel staples in multiple colors and this terry cloth romper is no exception. I had tried this on in mint green and en route to the cashier, I grabbed this paprika one. As LA heads into fall, I’ll continue to wear this- only now it will be a fitted surprise under one of my oversized men’s flannel shirts.
The very rad Oh So Hip It Hurts had tagged me to list 10 random facts about myself so see below for a romp of a good time:
1. I’m a published poet. On my To Do List in life is to compete in a poetry slam. Once.
2. I ran (or rather, survived) the LA Marathon without training for it. The only time I exerted myself in preparation was when I biked (yeah, I know, it’s not quite the same) 19.6 miles during my lunch hour in my work gym. At least I got to cross it off my To Do list.
3. I thought I wanted to be a news anchor up until my senior year of college.
4. I collect elephant statues for good luck.
5. In my tender age group full of 4th graders, I won my school, town, and New Jersey County National Elks Free Throw Contests shooting granny style. I choked in the state competition when I saw all but one of the other girls shooting overhead.
6. I would love to live in New York City for a summer.
7. Even though I quit my guitar lessons when I was pretty young (in favor of wanting to watch TV no less), I want to take it up again to be a songwriter. On the side.
8. I love Rolf from the Muppets and play this clip from Muppets Take Manhattan quite often because watching him play the piano makes me happy.
9. I don’t cook (except for Mac & Cheese).
10. I have insomniac-like tendencies. Like it’s happening right now at 2:24 AM, and I still have yet to start packing for my trip home to Jersey and Maryland tomorrow night. I won’t be posting until I get back in a week!
And all of this romper talk reminded me of when Bec and I were on the TV show, Romper Room. We were on it for a week and then were asked to come back and be on the special Anniversary show. Below is a photo from that day. I’m on the right looking like quite the little crankster.