It’s a Rollervation
This was my extremely tamed version of an 80s getup for this past Saturday’s night out at the roller skating rink- ala Patty Ann’s idea for the era throwback. I have the best memories of having one of my childhood birthday parties at the rollerskating rink and rollerblading through the many beautiful parks in my small New Jersey hometown. My sister, Bec, and I even packed our rollerblades for a trip out to Texas to visit our rollerblading buddy- that’s how hardcore we were.
Awhile ago, the lovely Kiki of Seattle tagged me for the Beautiful Blogger Award- thank you, K! In return, I have to share seven facts about myself. You can also see 10 other facts about myself in a previous post here.
1. I’m on the cover of a parenting book. See below.
2. I love playing Roulette. I’d work at a casino part-time if it wasn’t so smokey.
3. My favorite bagels are Salt bagels. My friend, Zack, and I had formed the exclusive “Salt Bagel Alliance” at work. When there were bagels out in the kitchen, whoever got to work first got the other person a salt bagel ensuring that both of the available salt bagels stayed within the alliance. Zack no longer works with me and therefore, the alliance has since dissolved.
4. Bec and I auditioned for a Double Mint commercial when we were kids. We were supposed to Double Dutch rope and since we didn’t know how, we were supposed to jump in unison in the middle of the rope. We failed at that. Needless to say, we didn’t get the part.
5. My favorite rap/hip-hop songs are Lil’ John & The Eastside Boyz’ “Get Low”, Ludacris’ “Southern Hospitality”, Missy Elliott’s “Work It”, 50 Cent’s “It’s Your Birthday” and “P.I.M.P”, R. Kelly’s “Ignition Remix”, Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”, and Juvenile’s “Back that Azz Up”.
6. I grew up going to Seaside Heights. Yes, it’s the same beach that the kids in MTV’s Jersey Shore inhabited. I haven’t been there in years.
7. My favorite pizza parlor is somewhere that makes magical pizza that I’ll never taste anywhere else except in my New Jersey hometown. My favorite pizza chain is Pizza Hut- I only order the Pan Pizza.
For everyone in Southern California, I heard about the below Sip n’ Shop event from my fabulous friend, Victoria. It sounds like a terrific way to end the week!
P.S.- I wanted to remind you to RSVP to my SLUMBER PARTY and to submit your photos! The details are below-
Who: You- because you’ve made it to Wrecked Stellar- which means you’re pretty fabulous and exclusive already. I’m also free-loving!
When: Saturday, May 1st, at 8pm
Where: Virtually at my Los Angeles pad
Why: Because you don’t want to see me sitting with several bowls of popcorn watching 16 Candles by myself- (though I totally would do that anyway)!
Activities: Barbecuing on one balcony, pretending the other balcony is a stage and dancing to the likes of “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” and “Livin’ on a Prayer”, TP’ing fraternity houses at UCLA, soaking it up in a water balloon fight, playing “Never Have I”, swooning over Jake in 16 Candles wearing our mud masks, and falling asleep tucked away in our sleeping bags with the fun moments from the night tucked away in our memories.
Attire: Pajamas- whatever form they come in for you.
How: E-mail a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org in your attire in whatever environment and capacity you want by April 30th. You’re my guest so it’s up to you! I will post all of my guests’ photos and blog links (if you have one) in my May 1st post so that everyone can share in our party fun!
RSVP: I set the date in May so that you’d have enough time to clear your calendar, think of a cute pajama outfit, and take your photo! Please RSVP in the Comments section by April 30th so I can buy enough food for everyone. I will be sending reminders out in future posts, but I’m sure you won’t need a reminder because you’ll all want to come! xoxo