My Speaking Engagement at the Lashem Launch Event
This past Sunday, I spoke at the Lashem launch event at The Abbey in West Hollywood, California. Lashem is the latest lash growing product and is the most effective one that I have personally tried- hence, why I had one shipped to my mom in New Jersey and bought another one for myself. After just one day of use, I saw a difference in my lash length and fullness in my eyebrows- as I’m in the process of growing my brows out like Ashley Olsen’s. I had a fabulous time hanging out with my friends who came to support me, Wrecked Stellar readers who I heart, and new friends who came up to me after my presentation. Here are some photos that my sister, Bec, shot at the event.
Showing my ex boyfriend’s Hawaiian print shirt off. I wore it on Monday and received many compliments! See the style tip below.
There were three gentlemen in the front and they were a blessing- they were nodding and “Ohhh yeahhh-ing” at everything I said and infused an infectious positive vibe.
Thanks to Yvonne of Hey Do You for giving me the opportunity to speak! I wore a vintage sequin top via Spanish Moss Vintage (see how I previously wore it here), Topshop skirt, Bebe heels, and Michael Kors watch via Nordstrom.
Wrecked Stellar reader and friend, Laney
New friend, Patty
The below photos were shot by my friend, Arali of PhotosbyAM–
My back- I love that the designer included flags on the back of my top.
My sister, Bec of Style with Benefits
On stage, explaining style tip #3- as described below.
Talking about Lashem and the trend I’d like to see go away- harem pants!
Here are more photos shot by Felix of LookBookLA–
With Bec and my friend, Max
Here are my 5 style tips that I shared at the event:
1. WATCHA DOIN’? Wear an oversized watch one day and the next, wear three to five skinny vintage watches in silver and gold all on one wrist. Both looks make statements and instantly dress up your wrist.
2. IT’S OPPOSITE DAY. Wear your lingerie out. I look for babydolls and bralettes that can be worn under blazers. Lace babydolls can also be layered under cropped sweaters and sweatshirts, and bralettes can be layered over tanks or under smart vests for a sexy take on business wear.
3. MAN UP. Shop in a male’s closet. You can find ties to wear as headbands- (just be sure to position the knot at the top of your head for a playful vibe)- as well as random print button down shirts to wear as dresses. For instance, I found a Hawaiian print shirt in my ex boyfriend’s closet that I can wear alone as a dress with a brown straw fedora and I can also wear it unbuttoned over a pink Hawaiian print dress that I already have in my closet since the prints are complimentary (this is the look I wore on Monday- I will post both looks here in the near future).
4. PANTS THAT ARE HOT. Wear sequin hotpants with oversized sweaters and flannel plaid shirts. Wearing them with a casual top balances out your overexposed legs and puts a flirty take on what could be an otherwise dowdy shirt.
5. IT’S OK IF YOU MISS A BUTTON. Being off by one button makes it easier to wear your shirt off one shoulder and leaves a more interesting view in the front with the way the fabric will drape.